Something different this week. Chuck Wendig gave us a writing exercise in place of the usual flash fiction challenge.
“I want you to take one thing and describe it ten different ways. That thing can be… anything. An object. A person. A sensation. A place. An experience. But I want you to focus on it and describe it multiple ways. Ten, as noted. Each no more than a sentence of description.”
Well, what else could I do but (a) obey and (b) take the A to Z Challenge as my object.
Ten ways of describing the A to Z Challenge
- The biggest blogfest I know.
- Stretching yourself to come up with a daily helping of excellence.
- A wowser of international networking.
- Uncovering more weird and wonderful things than you knew existed.
- Crawling through the bowels of the internet to find hidden gems.
- Discovering new friends and like-minded weirdos.
- A kaleidoscope of themes and riches.
- A pulsating mass of intellectual and moronic attempts to secure the alphabet in one month.
- A chance to make your network sing.
- Thirty days that take six months of planning and follow-up, but worth every second in friendships built.
- An elephant with two thousand jewels studding its elaborate harness.
Last Day to Leap Into Books!
It’s the last day of this month’s bloghop giveaway – you have until midnight New York time to enter!
Read an E-Book Week!
You’ve got until Saturday midnight Pacific Time to grab The Princelings Trilogy free or books 4 and 5 at half price as part of Read an EBook Week on Smashwords.