I tackled six great sequels
And loved ev’ry one!
Technically I didn’t succeed with my Readathon challenge, since by midnight on Sunday I had only completed 60% of my sixth book. I claim two barriers – my kindle needed charging when I was ready to read it on Sunday, and the weekend was largely taken up by two golf matches (the Saturday one was also a couple of hours’ drive away, so even longer out of the house!). But I completed the last book yesterday.
Now I’ve got real trouble fitting in all the reviews and also the ones I’m committed to for book blasts and tours. I’m planning some double reviews and some on Wednesdays. I could just review them on Goodreads, of course, but since I love these books, I feel I should include them here.
It definitely helped to get through the Readathon by choosing these sequels, with characters and authors I knew I’d enjoy. The Falco books, in particular, are not short! In addition we had a book club meeting on the first Wednesday of the Readathon, so I had another new book sprung on me. It’ll have to wait 🙂
Many thanks to Wishful Endings for organising this Readathon – a great idea. Next year’s Tackle TBR Readathon will run from 14th to 26th September 2015.
The final Readathon tally:
Books Read – 6
- The Accusers (Falco #15) by Lindsey Davis
- Excursion to Tindari (Montalbano #5) by Andrea Camilleri
- The Shadow of the Pyramid (Shadows from the Past #4) by Wendy Leighton-Porter
- Heirloom (Seed Savers #3) by S Smith
- The Scent of the Night (Montalbano #6) by Andrea Camilleri
- Scandal Takes a Holiday (Falco #16) by Lindsey Davis