I’ve been stuck in a good book or five for the last month, as part of the TackleTBR read-a-thon, although I’m including two I’ve reviewed in September too. Now, thanks to Val at Stuck in Books, I’m offering you a chance to win a paperback copy of one of them – or up to $10 of ecopies of them.
Good Book covers and summaries
Mrs Frisby and the Rats of NIMH by Robert C O’Brien
- See full review here – it’s a real demonstration of how a story about a simple problem can really stretch minds.
Equus – an anthology edited by Rhonda Parrish
- Nineteen superb fantasy/dystopia stories involving horses and horse-like creatures. Full review here.
A Siege of Bitterns by Steve Burrows
- Enjoyable murder mystery with plenty of twists, set in North Norfolk, and heavily involving birdwatching and pollution. I’ll look for more in the series.
Kit’s Wilderness by David Almond
- Amazingly evocative and beautifully gritty tale of a thirteen year old boy and some very strange friends.
The Outcast Dead (Ruth Galloway #6) by Elly Griffiths
- Couldn’t put it down. Love this crime/mystery series.
Gasp of the Ghoulish Guinea Pig by Sam Hay
- Highly enjoyable easy reader chapter book. Ideal for pet-lovers!
Stuck in a Good Book – Enter here
Rafflecopter runs now till 15th October, and is open internationally as long as your country permits raffles of this type.