SpaceTime Sign-up time! Searching for a Science Fiction Reading Challenge? I had been for years. I found some with lists of classic or ‘new classic’ books to read, but I’ve either done those or rejected them for good reasons!
Last year I started the SpaceTime Reading Challenge #spacetimereads. I was really pleased to see so many others taking up the challenge. Please spread the word so we get another good year. I promise to visit you more often in 2020.
How the SpaceTime Reading Challenge works
You choose your book, from any part of the science fiction genre universe – hard scifi, military, scifi romance, space opera, first contact, time travel, whatever. It’s up to you. You add the book to your list of books read, with a review, as short or long as you like. Make your own rules about ‘only Hugo winners’, or ‘only space opera’… as you wish.
- You can read any book that is from the science fiction/time-travel genres. Any sub-genres are welcome as long as they incorporate one of these genres.
- You don’t need a blog to participate but you do need a place to post your reviews (even one-liners) to link up. (blog, Goodreads, booklikes, LibraryThing, etc.)
- Make a goal post and link it back here with your goal for this challenge.
- Books need to be novellas or novels, please no short stories, although anthologies count if they meet the page guideline. (At least 100 pages +)
- Crossovers into other challenges are fine.
- The Challenge will be from Jan. 1st to Dec. 31st. Sign-up closes 30th November 2020.
Check into this blog quarterly with your own comment on my update post.
You can review the rules and my progress any time in my own Challenge page here.Sign up for the SpaceTime Challenge 2020: Read Space scifi or time travel books. Link your own sign-up post or page in the linky. #spacetimereads Click To Tweet
Reading Challenge Levels:
5 books: Planet hopper
10 books: Interstellar explorer
20 books: Galactic navigator
40 books: To Infinity and Beyond
You can go beyond the level you aimed for at sign-up, but you can’t go back. Let me know if you want targets beyond that!
Sign up for the SpaceTime Challenge
Link your own sign-up post or page in the linky below. Post your own updates and link back to my quarterly ones. Use the hashtag #spacetimereads in social media.
To use the badge in your own posts, either right click and save to your computer, or embed this code:
<a href="http://jemimapett.com/blog/2019/11/27/spacetime-reading-challenge-2020-sign-up-now/"><img class="aligncenter size-medium wp-image-12562" src="http://jemimapett.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/spacetimereadsbadge-300x300.jpg" alt="spacetimereads" width="300" height="300" /></a>
Many thanks to the Reading Challenge Addict for helping spread word about this Challenge!