My Neptune fishing haiku today is inspired by KL Caley’s picture for the #writephoto prompt – published last Thursday.

I’m having trouble keeping up at present. I just uploaded the final Messenger Misadventures file to the Princelings of the North entry on my Smashwords dashboard. You can imagine the panic that hit me as I saw the screen “congratulations, your file has been updated. Now go to your Princelings of the North page and check it out.” WHAT??!! I couldn’t believe I’d done such an utterly stupid thing as to overwrite a published book file.

What was worse, I wasn’t even sure I had the Princelings of the North file on my computer. It was certainly done on the old Windows one. But I found one that was formatted for Smashwords upload, and edition 1.1, so I hope it was the latest version – it’s the latest hiding in the depths of my computer, anyway. Thank goodness for Dropbox.

Neptune fishing – #writephoto

Neptune goes fishing

Anyway, back to the plot. Here is KL’s lovely picture. I had a couple of what I thought were great ideas, but too similar to other people’s already published!

A verdigris’d king

should not be posing mid-lake.

And watch your tail, fish!

© J M Pett 2021

Monday haiku | Neptune fishing #writephoto
Tagged on:

7 thoughts on “Monday haiku | Neptune fishing #writephoto

• 22 March, 2021 at 6:52 am

Brilliant entry, thanks Jemima. Congratulations on the book also. I have yet to wander through the scary waters of actually pressing publish/upload but I recently had to wipe a laptop that contained my WIP of over 60,000 words (needless to say it is uploaded in about 3 places, I’m not sure if that is better or worse – haha).
    Thanks again for taking part in #writephoto.
    KL <3

• 22 March, 2021 at 11:44 am

So glad you were able to find the correct version of your book. Great entry too!

• 22 March, 2021 at 1:47 pm

Oh, man, that’s a moment of sheer terror! I do always have my original files on the computer and on the backup. But I never really thought of having to re-upload for something like that!

I like your writephoto haikus 🙂

• 22 March, 2021 at 4:31 pm

I did something similar for my Path of Angels series. I uploaded the wrong book in the series, and since I did it on Amazon, I had to wait for it to publish to fix it.

• 22 March, 2021 at 9:20 pm

Yes, Amazon’s a pain like that. I remembered I hadn’t compressed the file (makes a difference to file size when you include pictures), and I need to wait – until today- to upload the one that was ready about a minute afterwards.
      Given that it would help them speed up by replacing one in the queue for review already, you’d think they’d fix it.

• Pingback:#Writephoto Round-Up – Neptune – New2Writing

• Pingback:#WRITEPHOTO – NEPTUNE by jemimapett – New2Writing

What do you think? Or just say hi!

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox

Join other followers: