There have been several calls for submissions with closing dates either at the start or end of August (ish). I’ve a mixed bag of responses, partly due to focusing on another project.
Here’s an update on activities more or less by date:
- Missed the deadline for Third Flatiron‘s Longevity call, when they moved it forward a week. I was disappointed, although I hadn’t completed the story I was working on. Maybe it’ll come in handy another time.
- Saw a call for short stories for the TU Dublin Short Story competition. Decided I couldn’t make the deadline due to working on other projects. Although maybe I should have cut the one I was doing for Longevity down from 6,000 to 1,500, as it could have twisted into ‘Infinite Possibilities’. Closes today, 19th August.
- My submission for the Moth prize wasn’t accepted.
- Completed my submission for the IWSG Anthology with a story called ‘Salt on the Pillow, Sand in his Shoes.’ If it isn’t accepted it could turn into a collection of short adventure stories, or even something longer. Even if it is accepted, it could be the start of more novellas on that theme. Closes 4th September.
- Still working on my idea for Rhonda Parrish’s Hear Me Roar, which closes 1st September. Better pull my finger out.
- Have a better idea for Rhonda Parrish’s Elemental Anthologies 3 – Air; submissions November 1st through December 31st.
- A new Carruthers story might come out for Rhonda Parrish’s next anthology of reworked fairytales, submissions open next February. I miss those dastardly chaps. See Rhonda’s ‘open for submissions’ pages here.
And that’s why I’m not blogging so much.