I hope you enjoyed it when I did this hop through August.  I thought I’d pick and choose a few further questions whenever I think they’re interesting – but all of October is related to Halloween, which is really not my thing!  It’s not big in the UK (or wasn’t until the supermarkets realised what a great opportunity it was to rip people off with some tacky plastic costumes).  Enough of my prejudices… here’s today’s question:

What books would you want to read again for the first time?

Following on from a thought I had on series a little while ago, I would like to read Harry Potter now, for the first time.  I’d really want to see whether the experience is different when all seven books are out.

It’s such a long time ago that I read Lord of the Rings, I think I’d like to read that now too, for the discovery factor and also to see whether I like it as much as I actually do – as an old friend.  I still read LOTR from time to time.  It always pleases me.

Having said that, there are a few books I’ve been carrying round in boxes or whatever for years that did seem like I was reading them for the first time when I reread them.  Black Beauty and White Fang are just two of those – and I had widely different responses to them.  You can check my reviews of these two by clicking on the titles.

What about you?

Now go hopping!

Like this post? Please rate it...

0 1 2 3 4 5

On re-reading books – Book blogger hop
Tagged on:

6 thoughts on “On re-reading books – Book blogger hop

• 15 September, 2014 at 8:25 am

I think it would have to be The Stand, by Stephen King. I thoroughly enjoyed it when I first read it many years ago.

• 15 September, 2014 at 9:49 pm

I havent read any Stephen King other than his ‘On Writing’ simply because he’s too scary!

• 15 September, 2014 at 2:42 pm

Jemima, you and I have very similar tastes in books we’d like to reread. I enjoyed the Chronicles of Narnia as a child and have reread them as an adult. Puddleglum is still one of my favorite characters. Any of Marguerite Henry’s books – Misty of Chincoteague, Brighty of Grand Canyon – are well worth a reread!

• 15 September, 2014 at 9:51 pm

Ah, that reminds me – The Silver Brumby books, too!

I didnt read Narnia till I was an adult.

• 15 September, 2014 at 3:17 pm

I’m with you on this one, Jemima! Noelle’s choices are good, too. And I guess maybe any of L.M. Montgomery’s books, given how excited I still get when I track down another collection of her short stories.

From your title, I thought this would be about books I like to re-read. There’s a small pile I go back to again and again, mostly children’s books that do good things for me for various reasons.

• 15 September, 2014 at 9:52 pm

Yes, those you re-read over and over again are a different category entirely 🙂

Comments are closed.

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox

Join other followers: