Achievements of 2018 and Targets for 2019. It’s obligatory, really. And it’s going to be bullet-point mainly, with links to other places for more detail.
All I can add is that I’ve been working really hard over Christmas to get books finished, both reading and writing. My brother’s staying with me now, so if it’s not done, it’ll have to wait till next year. Yes, I’ll get to work on them on Wednesday!
Achievements in 2018
- published short story in Galileo’s Theme Park
- published The Princelings of the North (Princelings #8)
- runner-up award in WEP-IWSG December challenge
- re-published The Perihelix (Viridian #1)
- completed final version of Curved Space to Corsair (Viridian #2)
- short story for Noirwich reached shortlist
- smashed Goodreads target: 67 or 68 out of 52!
- achieved goals for five reading challenges:
- Non-fiction Adventure (6/5)
- Finishing the Series (5/4)
- Cloak & Dagger Reading Challenge (18/15)
- 2018 Official TBR Pile Reading Challenge (12/12)
- Mount TBR Reading Challenge… teetering just below the summit at 34/35… will I get there tonight?
- Reading Challenge Addicts Challenge … dependent on Mount TBR to get five out of five!
- not achieved: A to Z Challenges for GMGR (woeful) and Alphabet Soup (25/26 – missed X)
- TBR:Read List at 31.12.18 586:728 (started the year with TBR at 564)
Targets for 2019
- publish Curved Space to Corsair
- write and edit Chronicles of Marsh (Princelings #9)
- write Princelings Revolution (Princelings #10)
- first draft of Zanzibar’s Rings (Viridian #3)
- submit short stories to at least three external competitions/calls
- enter all six WEP-IWSG flash fiction events
- Goodreads target 52
- Reading challenges:
- Non-fiction Adventure: at least 4
- 2019 new release challenge: at least 12, no more than 16
- Alphabet Soup Author Edition: 26 books by authors with surnames A-Z
- Colour Coded Reading Challenge: 9 books with specified colour covers/titles
- Mount TBR Reading Challenge: 36 (Mt Vancouver) again
- SpaceTime Reading Challenge: at least 10
- Reading Challenge Addicts Challenge: 5 challenges again
- Keep the TBR list well below the Read list!
That’s interesting, since doing 16 New Release books and 36 on my Mount TBR since before the start of 2019 equals 52, which is my Goodreads target. So every book has to be either new, or on my TBR now, and count towards at least one other challenge!
I’m a little disappointed to lose the Cloak and Dagger and Finishing the Series Challenges, and I might still add them back in. After all, they all help to achieve the Mount TBR, the Alphabet Soup and the Colour Coded challenges.
That’s it for 2018
Thank you for reading my blog in 2018. I hope you’ll come back for more blogging in 2019 – starting on Wednesday with the IWSG post!
Happy new year… or at least as happy as the mad politicians will let us be. Good luck and health to you and your loved ones.