I like a challenge to keep me on my toes, or focused, or something. For the past few years I’ve blogged about them occasionally, and included the badges and links in my sidebars.
In order to keep things neater, especially in view of the rise of browsing by phone or tablet, I’m putting all my challenges in one page, with sub-pages so you can see how reading ones are going. Writing and blogging challenges tend to be self-evident on the blog!
The main blog challenge I participate in is the Blogging from A to Z April Challenge, otherwise known as AprilA2Z and other short forms. I’ve decided I simply can’t stay away from this one, even when I combine it with Camp NaNoWriMo, which I did last year. This year I’m working on something involving travel. You’ll have to watch for the Theme Reveal in March to find out what!.
- 2012 theme was the A to Z of the Princelings world.
- 2013 theme: short stories
- 2014 theme: the NATO alphabet
- 2015 theme: natural phenomena
- 2016 theme: world-building
History: 2016 read 65 out of 52 books; 2015 read 63/60 books; 2014 read 61/60 books; 2013 read 53/50 books.
To read 50 non-fiction books over 10 years, 2017 to 2026.
- 2017 total:
Challenges for 2017:
- Mount TBR Challenge (target 36)
- Alphabet Soup Challenge (A – Z)
- What an Animal X (target 6)
- Wild Goose Chase Challenge. (seven categories to read one book in each)
- Colour Coded Challenge (read 9 books with a specified colour in the title or cover)
2016 and 2015:
- 2014 KidLit Safari Challenge – 8/10 sections completed
- 2014 Mad Reviewer Challenge – Crazy Reviewer award (52 books reviewed)
- 2013 YA & MG Time Travel Challenge – 10 time travel books read
- 2013 MG Classic Book Challenge – 12 books read
Continuing each Friday: Chuck Wendig‘s Flash Fiction Challenge
Third Wednesday of the month – Fiction in 50 #Fi50
Summer – Camp NaNoWriMo
- 2016 – July; finished first drafts of Willoughby the Narrator and The Princelings of the North (POTE 7 & 8)
- 2016 – April; wrote the first draft of Book 2 of the Viridian System series
- 2015 – edited the first Viridian series book – The Perihelix and sent to beta-readers
- 2014 – wrote the first draft of the first book in the Viridian System series
- 2013 – revised and rewrote Bravo Victor, book 6 in the Princelings of the East series
- 2012 – wrote the first draft of The Talent Seekers, book 5 in the Princelings series