I had to invent it, though!
The SpaceTime Reading Challenge #spacetimereads
- You can read any book that is from the science fiction/time-travel genres. Any sub-genres are welcome as long as they incorporate one of these genres. Non-fiction is not included in this challenge.
- You don’t need a blog to participate but you do need a place to post your reviews (even one-liners) to link up. (blog, Goodreads, booklikes, shelfari, etc.)
- Make a goal post and link it back here with your goal for this challenge.
- Books need to be novellas or novels, although anthologies count if they meet the page guideline. (At least 100 pages +)
- You may count books that you do not want to finish if you have read at least 25%, or 100 pages, whichever is MORE. If you have read enough to give a fair mini-review that’s fine.
- Crossovers into other challenges are fine.
- The Challenge runs from Jan. 1st to Dec. 31st.
There are 4 levels to aim for (or achieve):
- 5 books: Planet hopper
- 10 books: Interstellar explorer
- 20 books: Galactic navigator
- 40 books: To Infinity and Beyond
You can find the sign-up for this challenge in my blog post here. There will be quarterly link-up posts – at the end of March, June, September and December.
Many thanks to the many reading challenge lists for assistance in spreading the word!
My SpaceTime Reading Goals for 2021
I’m going for Interstellar Explorer, with a goal of 10 books. I can go for more if I reach that, but like Mount TBR, you can’t go back.
So… let’s get reading!
- The Galaxy, and the Ground Within (Wayfarers #4) by Becky Chambers (read Jan-21)
- Among The Stars (Fiction River Presents) ed. by Kristine Kathryn Rusch (read Mar-21)
- The Iron Tactician (Merlin #3) by Alistair Reynolds (read Mar-21)
- The Kingdoms by Natasha Pulley (read May-21)(time-travel, not space)
- Queen & Commander (Hive Queen #1) by Janine A Southard (read Jun-21)
- Joining of Lines (Drath verse #2) by Meyari McFarland (read Aug-21)
- A Swiftly Tilting Planet (Time Quintet #3) by Madeleine L’Engle (read Aug-21)
- Clash of Lines (Drath verse #1) by Meyari McFarland (read Aug-21)
Sign Up for 2021 here!
You can sign up on the blog post from 1st December, or just add your name to the Linky here: