I wanted to do a science fiction reading challenge, and I finally found one that let me choose my own books.
I had to invent it, though!
The SpaceTime Reading Challenge #spacetimereads
- You can read any book that is from the science fiction/time-travel genres. Any sub-genres are welcome as long as they incorporate one of these genres. Non-fiction is not included in this challenge.
- You don’t need a blog to participate but you do need a place to post your reviews (even one-liners) to link up. (blog, Goodreads, booklikes, shelfari, etc.)
- Make a goal post and link it back here with your goal for this challenge.
- Books need to be novellas or novels, although anthologies count if they meet the page guideline. (At least 100 pages +)
- You may count books that you do not want to finish if you have read at least 25%, or 100 pages, whichever is MORE. If you have read enough to give a fair mini-review that’s fine.
- Crossovers into other challenges are fine.
- The Challenge runs from Jan. 1st to Dec. 31st.
There are 4 levels to aim for (or achieve):
- 5 books: Planet hopper
- 10 books: Interstellar explorer
- 20 books: Galactic navigator
- 40 books: To Infinity and Beyond
You can find the sign-up for this challenge in my blog post here. There will be quarterly link-up posts – at the end of March, June, September and December.
Many thanks to the many reading challenge lists for assistance in spreading the word!
My SpaceTime Reading Goals for 2023
I’m going for Interstellar Explorer again, with a goal of 10 books. I can go for more if I reach that, but like Mount TBR, you can’t go back.
I have lots on my TBR, and several series to catch up on, so at present, progress is on schedule.
- Quantum Radio by A G Riddle (read Feb-23; time-travel/parallel universes)
- CassaFire (Cassa #2) by Alex J Cavanaugh (read Feb-23; space exploration)
- Meru (The Alloy Era #1) by S B Divya (read Mar-23; space exploration)
- Shafter (Seeds Among the Stars #1) by Margaret McGaffey Fisk (read Mar-23; space colonists)
- CassaStorm (Cassa #3) by Alex J Cavanaugh (read Apr-23; space wars/politics) plus the very short prequel, which I’m not counting
- Many Waters (Time Quintet #4) by Madeleine L’Engle (unfinished at 40% Apr-23; time travel to biblical event)
- An Acceptable Time (Time Quintet #5) by Madeleine L’Engle (read May-23; space/time continuum and more)
- A Psalm for the Wild-Built (Monk & Robot #1) by Becky Chambers (read May-23; settled worlds)
- Raven’s Children (Sequoyah #2) by Sabrina Chase (read June-23; space opera)
- A Prayer for the Crown-shy (Monk & Robot #2) by Becky Chambers (read Jun-23; settled worlds)
- A Beautiful Friendship (Honorverse #1) by David Weber (read Jul-23; settled worlds)
- Extremophile: Violet Rain (The Unwinding #2) by Juliana Rew (read Jul-23; time/space manipulation)
- Code of Conduct (Jani Kilian Chronicles #1) by Kristine Smith (read Jul-23; alien encounters/bionics)
Sign up for 2023
You can sign up on the blog post from 30th November, or just add your name here: