The Mount TBR challenge is designed to get those already-purchased, sitting-on-the-shelf-and-ereader books READ!
It is organised by My Reader’s Block, (Bev Hankins) 🙂 and you can read all the details HERE.
The key is to sign up to a mountain of books you are going to read, and report on your progress quarterly. The books that count are ones you have in your possession at the end of the previous year. As usual with these challenges you can upgrade to a higher level if you find you’re doing well, but you can’t downgrade.
Why not sign up to read your own pile – the basic level is 12, or one a month.
My previous attempts at scaling Mount TBR
- 2016 – aimed at 24 and reached 26
- 2017 – aiming for Mt Vancouver (36 books) Got to 32 and had to push to get there – I took too many ARCs for the later stages of the year
- 2018 – It was a very close run thing – but I stepped onto the summit of Mount Vancouver at 8 pm on 31st Dec!
- 2019 – abject failure, only achieving 2 1/2 mountains (28/36). Oh well, onwards and upwards.
- 2020 – very pleased to report that, thanks to reading a stack of shorter books in December, I made it to Mount Vancouver (36 books)
- 2021 – a much better paced list this year, but I do feel guilty at all the ones that joined the TBR in the last couple of months of the previous year! Still, anything to scale Mount Vancouver (36 books)
- 2022 – Another well-paced year, with an eye on the one I would finish with in the last week of the year. Mount Vancouver achieved (36 books)
My Challenge progress for 2023
Again I’m aiming for Mount Vancouver, but paying attention to only books in my ownership; not counting library books that get the books off my TBR list.
- Love Will Tear Us Apart (The Stranger Times #3) by C K McDonnell (kindle, tbr Nov-22)
- Wreck of the Lanternfish (Lanternfish #3) by C S Boyack (kindle, tbr Dec-21)
- Bugs by J R Tiedeman (kindle, tbr Oct-22)
- Nightspark by Michael Mann (kindle, tbr Dec-22)
- Fractions of Existence by J Lenni Dorner (kindle, tbr Oct-21)
- The Last Remains (Ruth Galloway #15) by Elly Griffiths (hardcover 1st edn, tbr Jun-22)
- The Shadows of London (Marwood & Lovett #6) by Andrew Taylor (kindle, tbr Nov-22)
- Cassafire by Alex J Cavanaugh (kindle, tbr Dec-21)
- The Art of Spirit Capture by Geoff Le Pard (kindle, tbr Jan-22)
- The Ghost Theatre by Mat Osman (kindle, tbr Nov-22)