Today I’m sneaking off and leaving you to read something that arrived in my inbox in May.
Michelle Isenhoff is one of the authors in the Emblazon group. They are hosting a kids’ summer reading contest! You can find the official rules on their contest page, but here she tells you the basics:
- The contest is for kids ages 9 to 14 at the start of the contest.
- It runs from June 15 until August 15.
- Every tween book read qualifies as an entry (that’d be middle grade or young adult–and not just Emblazoners’ books–they all count!).
- We’ll be drawing winners August 18.
- Three winners will receive their choice of 5 signed paperbacks (see the contest page for choices) as well as a duplicate set for their most recent teacher.
- To enter, send an email to email@example.com with your name, the name of the book read, and a brief review (a summary of the book and why you liked it or not). Reviews should be 75 to 100 words in length. We might even publish some on our blog! But we won’t use last names. Repeat for every book read. There’s no limit!
So why not sign up, and tell your friends too. Don’t forget that the Princelings of the East series counts – you can get the first book free on Smashwords, B&N, iBooks and Amazon.com – check the links here.