My thanks go to Bruce Gargoyle once more, for introducing me to the Mount TBR challenge – which is designed to get those already-purchased, sitting-on-the-shelf-and-ereader books READ!
It is organised by My Reader’s Block, an Australian site 🙂 and you can read all the details HERE.
The key is to sign up to a mountain of books you are going to read, and report on your progress quarterly. The books that count are ones you have in your possession at the end of the previous year – no additions and ARCs or anything like that afterwards. As usual with these challenges you can upgrade to a higher level if you find you’re doing well, but you can’t downgrade.
I now have over 560 on my TBR list, despite all the work I’ve done in reading and trimming it. At least half of those I own, given the state of my kindle and my physical TBR shelf. I got through more than my original target of 24 in 2016, but I need to stretch myself and sign up for more: the 36 level – Mt. Vancouver!
Why not sign up to read your own pile – the basic level is 12, or one a month.
My 2017 Mount TBR list
Challenge tally 32 out of a target of 36. Had to push to get there – the trouble being I took too many ARCs for the later stages of the year. Try again….
Challenge tally (and date I put them on my TBR):
- I Am Thunder by Muhammad Khan (Oct-17)
- The Girl Who Drank the Moon by Kelly Barnhill (Jun-17)
- The Toymakers by Robert Dinsdale (Oct-17)
- Dining Out Around the Solar System by Claire O’Beara (Feb-16)
- Everything is Lies by Helen Callaghan (Nov-17)
- Recovering Apollo 8 by Kristine Kathryn Rusch (Aug-15)
- The Shadow of the Norman Arrow by Wendy Leighton-Porter (Aug-14)
- The Ghost Fields by Elly Griffiths (Sep-16)
- My Animals and Other Family by Clare Balding (Dec-16)
- Daemon by Doug Dandridge (Jan-13)
- Subway Palliatopia by S W Lothian (Oct-17)
- Snapshots by Patricia Lynne (Nov-15) *** First level complete ***
- The Woman in Blue by Elly Griffiths (Apr-16)
- The Chalk Pit by Elly Griffiths (Feb-17)
- The Shadow of the Two Princes by Wendy Leighton-Porter (Oct-16)
- The Shadow of the Tudor Rose by Wendy Leighton-Porter (Jun-17)
- Alexandria by Lindsey Davis (Jan-12)
- Under the Empyrean Sky by Chuck Wendig (Nov-13)
- A Brief History of Time by Stephen Hawking (Jan-15)
- Enemies at Home by Lindsey Davis (Jul-14)
- Deadly Election by Lindsey Davis (Dec-16)
- The Jewel of Peru by Sharon Skretting (Nov-14)
- Forged in Blood I by Lindsay Buroker (Dec-16)
- Forged in Blood II by Lindsay Buroker (Dec-16) *** Second Level Complete ***
- Fluency by Jennifer Foehner Wells (Mar-16)
- Kiwi in Cat City by Vickie Johnstone (Nov-13)
- Guinevere: On the Eve of Legend by Cheryl Carpinello (Aug-13)
- Nemesis by Lindsey Davis (Jul-14)
- A Closed and Common Orbit by Becky Chambers (Jun-16)
- Return of the Dragons by Teddy Jacobs (May-12)
I’ve already signed up for Mount Vancouver (36 books) at Bev’s My Reader’s Block website).