My thanks go to Bruce Gargoyle once more, for introducing me to this challenge – which is designed to get those already-purchased, sitting-on-the-shelf-and-ereader books READ!
It is organised by My Reader’s Block, an Australian site 🙂 and you can read all the details HERE.
The key is to sign up to a mountain of books you are going to read, and report on your progress quarterly. The books that count are ones you have in your possession on January 1st 2017 – no additions and ARCs or anything like that afterwards, although I am including library books for long-standing titles on my list. As usual with these challenges you can upgrade to a higher level if you find you’re doing well, but you can’t downgrade.
I have over 520 on my TBR list, and at least half of those I now own, given the state of my kindle and my physical TBR shelf. But I got through more than my original target in 2016, so I’ll stretch myself and sign up for more this year: the 36 level – Mt. Vancouver!
Why not sign up to read your own pile – the basic level is 12, or one a month.
My 2017 list
Challenge tally (and date I put them on my TBR):
- Climate Change and the Health of Nations by Anthony J McMichael (June-16 ARC)
- The Blackhouse by Peter May (July-14)
- How to Stage A Catastrophe by Rebecca Connelly (Nov-16 ARC)
- Pair Alleles (Derivatives of Displacement #4) by Jennifer Ellis (Sep-16)
- The Time Travellers Resort and Museum by David McLain (Dec-16)
- Dying Fall (Ruth Galloway #5) by Elly Griffiths (Sep-15)
- The Whispering Skull (Lockwood & Co #2) by Jonathan Stroud (Oct-16)
- Gangsta Granny by David Walliams (Dec-16)
- An Astronaut’s Guide to Life on Earth by Chris Hadfield (Mar-16)
- Mercenary Instinct by Ruby Lionsdrake (Dec-15)
- The Hippopotamus by Stephen Fry (Dec-14)
- Oy Yew by Ana Salote (Mar-16) *** Level 1 complete ***
- The Camelot Kids, Book 1 by Ben Zackheim (Jan-16)
If you’d like to sign up for this challenge for 2017, you can do so now! https://myreadersblock.blogspot.co.uk/2016/11/2017-mount-tbr-challenge-sign-up.html