Challenges seem a good focus for my C of the A to Z this year. I write a guest post for The Story Reading Ape’s blog, mostly published on the second Sunday of the month. Somehow I got myself into a mini-series on types of challenges – Blogging in February, Writing in March, and Reading in April (out this coming Sunday). I’m not sure what my May topic will be; if you have a suggestion, let me know!
Camp NaNoWriMo: you know about NaNoWriMo every November, I’m sure, but did you also know you can do a virtual summer camp of writing (or editing, or revising) your project in April or July (or both?). I’ve enjoyed these and found it a good way to focus on getting things written that have been hanging around for a while. The virtual cabins mean that you make some new writing buddies, too.
Clean Sweep ARC Challenge. This is a reading challenge to help you sweep those books off your shelves, whether physical or virtual (in your kindle), and particularly any advance review copies or freebies that you took promising to post a review! It is run by Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer and Kristin @ Addicted to Happily Ever After. The sign-up post usually goes up in March, but you can join any time into early May. They also have a one day Readathon during the challenge. You can read last year’s rules here.
I was once invited to a cookery challenge where everybody posted recipes, but didn’t take it up because it was during the A to Z.
Themed Reading Challenges beginning with C
There seem to be hundreds of themed reading challenges, many of which are listed at the Reading Addict Challenge website. Try these:
- 2017 Challenge to Keep You Well-Rounded (r/books @ reddit)
- 2017 Cloak & Dagger Reading Challenge (Stormi @Books, Movies, Reviews! Oh My! & Barb @ Booker T’s Farm)
- 2017 Creativity Reading Challenge (Julie @ Julie Cornwell.com)
- 2017 Cruzin’ Thru the Cozies (Yvonne @ Socrates’ Book Reviews)
- Charity Reading Challenge 2017 (Becky @ Becky’s Book Reviews)
- The Chronological Sherlock Holmes (Marian @ Noonlight Reads)
- Classic Horror Challenge 2017 (Kendra @ Making Sense of the Stars)
- Clouds of Witnesses Reading Challenge (Becky @ Operation Actually Read Bible)
- Clocks, Cogs, & Mechanisms Reading Challege (@ R.A. Vucci)
- Color Coded Reading Challenge (Bev @ My Reader’s Block) – one I’m doing, to read 9 books with a specified colour in the title or cover
- Comic Book Bingo Reading Challenge (Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog)
- The Completist Christie Challenge [informal] (Chris @ Exploding Steamboats)
- Contemporary Romance Challenge 2017 (Andi @ Andi’s ABCs)
- Couples Reading Challenge (Elyssa @ elyssanalami.com)
- Craving for Cozies 2017 (Dollycas @ Escape With Dollycas)
I’m sure you can find something to suit you in the list, even if you stick with one beginning with C! I’m doing the Colour-Coded Challenge among my collection this year, and you can see my progress here.