It is organised by My Reader’s Block, an Australian site 🙂 and you can read all the details HERE.
The key is to sign up to a mountain of books you are going to read, and report on your progress quarterly. The books that count are ones you have in your possession at the end of the previous year – no additions and ARCs or anything like that afterwards. As usual with these challenges you can upgrade to a higher level if you find you’re doing well, but you can’t downgrade.
Why not sign up to read your own pile – the basic level is 12, or one a month.
My previous attempts at scaling Mount TBR
2016 – aimed at 24 and reached 26
2017 – aiming for Mt Vancouver (36 books) Got to 32 and had to push to get there – I took too many ARCs for the later stages of the year
2018 – It was a very close run thing – but I stepped onto the summit of Mount Vancouver at 8 pm on 31st Dec!
I’ve already signed up for Mount Vancouver (36 books) at Bev’s My Reader’s Block website.
Realising that these books had to be on my list and in my possession on 31 Dec 2018, I can include some of my newly published ones acquired last year!
- Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton (Sep-18)
- A Pinch of Magic by Michelle Harrison (Nov-18)
- Dining Out with the Gas Giants by Clare O’Beara (Feb-16)
- Doggerland by Ben Smith (Nov-18)
- Revelation Space by Alastair Reynolds (Nov-18)
- The Stone Circle by Elly Griffiths (Apr-18)
- The Lie Tree by Frances Harding’s (May-18)
- The Dark Portal by Robin Jarvis (Jun-14)
- Needlemouse by Jan O’Connor (Dec-18)