It is organised by My Reader’s Block, an Australian site 🙂 and you can read all the details HERE.
The key is to sign up to a mountain of books you are going to read, and report on your progress quarterly. The books that count are ones you have in your possession at the end of the previous year – no additions and ARCs or library books, or anything like that afterwards. As usual with these challenges you can upgrade to a higher level if you find you’re doing well, but you can’t downgrade.
Why not sign up to read your own pile – the basic level is 12, or one a month.
My previous attempts at scaling Mount TBR
2016 – aimed at 24 and reached 26
2017 – aiming for Mt Vancouver (36 books) Got to 32 and had to push to get there – I took too many ARCs for the later stages of the year
2018 – It was a very close run thing – but I stepped onto the summit of Mount Vancouver at 8 pm on 31st Dec!
2019 – abject failure, only achieving 2 1/2 mountains (28/36). Oh well, onwards and upwards.
Despite all difficulties last year, I have signed up to scale Mount Vancouver again (36 books) for 2020 at Bev’s sign-up list here. I have decided that I can include titles here and on one other list only, just to help me get this challenge done! Titles link to reviews here.
- A Long Petal of the Sea by Isabel Allende (tbr Oct-19)
- The Year Without Summer by Guinevere Glasfurd (tbr Dec-19)
- Saffron by Sally Francis (tbr Sep-18)
- The Conspiracy of Magic by Harriet Whitehorn (tbr Sep-19)
- You Beneath Your Skin by Damyanti Biswas (tbr Sep-19)
- The Future We Choose by Christiana Figueras (tbr Dec-19)
- Erebus by Michael Palin (tbr Dec-19)
- Cassastar by Alex J Cavanaugh (tbr Dec-15)
- Leaves of Fall by Patricia Lynne (tbr May-19)
- The Star Agency by R E Weber (tbr Nov-15)