Here is an excellent challenge for lovers of crime, mystery, suspense and thrillers. The review site Books, Movies Reviews! Oh My! instigated this one, and asks for a monthly check-in. Here are the rules:
- You can read any book that is from the mystery/suspense/thriller/crime genres. Any sub-genres are welcome as long as they incorporate one of these genres.
- You don’t need a blog to participate but you do need a place to post your reviews to link up. (blog, Goodreads, booklikes, shelfari, etc.)
- Make a goal post [that’s this page] and link it back here with your goal for this challenge.
- Books need to be novellas or novels, please no short stories. (At least 100 pages +)
- Crossovers into other challenges are fine.
- The Challenge will be from Jan. 1st to Dec. 31st. (Sign up ends April 15th)
My Target for 2018
I’m going for the basic level – Amateur Sleuth, at between 5 and 15 books read.
Fortunately I don’t have to say what I’m reading in advance, but expect to see books by Elly Griffiths (Ruth Galloway series) and Lindsey Davis (Falco, Flavia Alba) among them. I think the Lockwood & Co books might be allowed, too 🙂 This sounds too easy!
- Everything is Lies by Helen Callaghan (suspense)
- The Ghost Fields by Elly Griffiths (crime thriller)
- Daemon by Doug Dandridge (scifi crime thriller)
- Death by Adverb by Rebecca M Douglass (cozy mystery)
- The Woman in Blue by Elly Griffiths (crime thriller)
- The Chalk Pit by Elly Griffiths (crime thriller)
- The Dark Angel by Elly Griffiths (crime thriller)
- Alexandria by Lindsey Davis (historical crime mystery)
- The Mystery of Three Quarters by Sophie Hannah (Hercule Poirot mysteries)
- The Way of All Flesh by Ambrose Parry (historical crime suspense)
- Enemies at Home by Lindsey Davis (historical crime mystery)
- Deadly Election by Lindsey Davis (historical crime mystery)
- The Stranger Diaries by Elly Griffiths (gothic crime suspense thriller)
- The Accident on the A35 by Graeme Macrae Burnet (literary crime mystery)
- Kiwi in Cat City by Vickie Johnstone (MG fantasy crime) *** Amateur Sleuth completed ***
- Nemesis by Lindsey Davis (historical crime mystery)