Here is an excellent challenge for lovers of crime, mystery, suspense and thrillers. Cloak and Dagger has moved hosts for 2020 and is now at Carol’s Notebook. Here are the rules:
- You can read any book that is from the mystery/suspense/thriller/crime genres. Any sub-genres are welcome as long as they incorporate one of these genres.
- You don’t need a blog to participate but you do need a place to post your reviews to link up. (blog, Goodreads, booklikes, shelfari, etc.)
- Make a goal post [that’s this page] and link it back here with your goal for this challenge.
- Books need to be novellas or novels, please no short stories. (At least 100 pages +)
- Crossovers into other challenges are fine.
- The Challenge will be from Jan. 1st to Dec. 31st. (Sign up ends April 15th)
In 2018 I went for – Amateur Sleuth, at between 5 and 15 books read. With updating the Elly Griffiths and Lindsey Davis series, I did it easily, and got to 18, Detective level.
For 2019, I wasn’t doing it. I didn’t need the challenge, I needed to get TBRs read. So I read 10 qualifying books and made ‘Amateur Sleuth’ without trying.
My goal for 2020
I’ve signed up again for this. I wonder if I can keep it to below 15 books? [At this rate, no problem! April-20] I’m quite happy being an amateur sleuth, after all.
- The Graveyard of the Hesperides by Lindsey Davis (historical crime)
- A Girl Called Justice by Elly Griffiths (mg school crime)
- Moonflower Murders by Anthony Horowitz (cosy mystery)